Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Garage charges

Thread: Garage charges
View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old 16th August 2010 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Garage charges

Originally Posted by saabguy View Post
Most garages i know will still insist on doing their own diagnosis if presented with a vehicle diagnosed elsewhere. The obvious reason being if they fix a fault and it turns out to be a wrong part/fix then they won't be in the position of having an irrate customer who now needs more work done at a further expense to them. Also fault codes read on a generic OBD code reader can vary greatly to a code read on manufacturer specific software.
Most garages and those that I worked for put the customer first yes it pays to double check and if the fault is an unusual one it does take time but an independant garage with a diagnostic computer found the fault the garage that recovered me found the fault even the car gave a hint i.e." steering locked" try a seach on Google or even this forum all point to the same fault in 99% of cases with renault in general . Most mechanics who are used to specific faults with vehicles in their dealership know instinctiivly what the fault is without recourse to the diagnostic equipment.The point Im making is in the last three occasions I took the vehicle to this dealer their computer was unable to read any faults and I was charged in the region of 300 labour over and above the parts
Currently in kererra's garage:
Scenic II
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome