Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Feugo Turbo

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 26th July 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Smile Renault Feugo Turbo

Hi guys, new chap to your forum.

I need some advice/hints etc on my Renault Fuego 1987 Turbo .

I have had the vehicle for about a year, when I first brought it everytime I changed gear it would make a whoosh sound like it had a blow off valve, when I changed the air filter and changed the petrol to a lower grade(price) I found that I no longer got that whoosh sound.
I have since put back the stock standard air filter and have had the vehicle looked after by the biggest and best garage in Christchurch so that the engine is turned. But I have found I am using a lot of fuel to run to work and back and I only get the whoosh sound when I go into 5th gear.
I also noticed that some of the pipes were not connected and the manuel did not give good pictures of where the pipes and tubes must go.
Has anyone got any advice about how to get this car back to its youthful running days?
I love this car, it suits me to the bone and want to look after it but I am having problems finding people who know about these vehicles to give me advice and let me tinker.
I have tried getting pictures off the web about how the engine looks and what it is supposed to look like but detail is not a priority in some of the photos taken, if I could get some advice from a fuego fan and keep bugging him for more advice it would be much appreciated.

Thanks for reading this
Currently in raferty's garage:
1987 Renault Fuego 1.6 Turbo

Last edited by raferty; 9th May 2007 at 07:51 AM.
  5 Lastest Threads by raferty
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Renault Feugo Turbo Cars & motoring raferty 5 1242 26th July 2006 08:22 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome