Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Modus - Electric Window Problems

View Single Post
post #32 of (permalink) Old 20th August 2010
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Modus - Electric Window Problems

My Passenger window made a big cracking noise and now doesnt work.

I have a modus 05 plate with only 36k on the clock.

I phoned Renault UK and they told me they do not give out any extended warranty and neither does the vehicle qualify for the Renaults good will.

I then went to my local Renault garage for a second opinion, they told me that they do not cover the Modus but do cover the window regulators on Scenics and Meganes in which they will cover 75% of the cost to 100,000miles. I was then told to try Renault UK again and see if they could cover me with the good will they do for the other models.

I phoned Renault back on the phone, the chap confirmed that they would not help me financially. They also said that the window regulator was NOT a well known fault with the vehicle and basically told me that Renault had never given out an extended warranty for this problem and would only cover the cost under certain curcumstances like the vehicle being less than 3 yrs old.

So please read and be warned. Although everyone else seemed to have success, ive had no luck atall.

Im noway paying 300-400 for the repair so if anyone can send me any links to other posts or pics or anything to help with removing door panels and doing the job myself, that would be greatly apreciated.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome