Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Megane II CC water in back footwell

View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 21st August 2010
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Megane II CC water in back footwell

Originally Posted by christopherM View Post
JET WASH!!! No NO NO never use a jet wash to hunt for water leaks especially on cabrio's they are to powerful and will "push" water past seals, you only have to look at the nature of rain, it falls, so if your car leaks in rain fall then emulate rain fall, not a huricane, you will be chasing leaks for weeks with a jet wash and possibly never find the origonal one.Use a hose pipe.
Thats a misguided way of thinking. a jet wash is pushing as powerfully as the distance it is being held from the car.the added pressure behind a jet wash is what turns identifying a slight trickle in the rain easy to find.also on anycar whether cabriolet or not is designed and tested to far higher pressure than an average jet wash. with common sense on the distance held this is a tried a tested method we've used in the bodyshop i work in for 6 years if anything the added pressure save lots of time. at the end of the day its up to you but results dont lie like i say bit of common sense 3-4 feet away someone in the car and i think you find it no probs.
Currently in krevly's garage:
clio 1.8 16v
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome