Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Oil change?

Thread: Oil change?
View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 25th August 2010 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Oil change?

Hi all
1)The Renault Agents in my area did not have the tool - said they'd have to order from their supplier in France? And I would be liable for the shipping costs. So I opted to go to an Engineering workshop, and had the tool made. They needed to look under the car to check the size of the sump plug of course. All I had to pay was R50. The sump plug on my car is bigger than the standard ones on other Renaults and it takes a bigger size (12mm) tool. I have attaced a look-alike picture to show what the tool looks like. It is identical as the picture, but in 12mm.

Thanks guys for the advice. This is a great forum to share knowledge, advice and tips.
2) I am looking to download a free workshop manual for my car. This way i can do all minor repairs and services myself.
In my garage I have:
Renault Scenic 2L RXI
2000 Model.

Any suggestions? Please don't say that I must purchase a workshop manual, cos I can tell that to myself - but why should I if I am a member of this forum, where everything is at my fingertips? Here we care and share and make and break - and in the end - we become eager to help out with the next'm starting to get emotional

Thanks anyways guys..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Torx_tool.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	11019  
Currently in tasmouse's garage:
Renault Scenic RXI 2L 16Valve 2000 Model and a Girlfriend sitting on the passenger side ready to go with!!
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome