Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - neleh needs a new motor

View Single Post
post #40 of (permalink) Old 27th July 2006
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
Originally Posted by lagdti
NO NO NO.....don't buy a Vauxhall....
I second that emotion, but a thousand times over. For a really horrible experience, give the 3 cylinder 1.0 Corsa a run. I had one of these as a holiday hire car once. It makes me cringe just thinking about it.

BUY JAPANESE......please....
The Japanese always seem pretty poor on toys in my experience, though I have to admit that it's been a while since I've looked into anything but Renaults in depth. Japanese imagination traditionally ends with designing the exterior looks and mechanics of the car. For some reason, they just don't seem to think that the passenger compartment design is worth much effort.

Notice no-one has praised the Clio yet!!!What forum is this????
Okay, okay, I've been busy alright?

The Clio II's a typical Renault. Very well featured for a car of its class, with excellent safety (when we bought our 02, most other cars in the same class didn't even have ABS, let alone four airbags) though build quality and reliability could be better. Just make sure you have deep pockets for when things start to go wrong, or better still, get an extended warranty.

As with other superminis, 5 door variants are like rocking horse muck. Wanting air-con will narrow down the choices too, as the 1.2 and 1.2 16v are the most popluar variants, and tend not to have a/c as standard. Climate will be even rarer.

Lookers in Chester did have a 1.6 Initiale 5 door on their books when we bought our last one, but that was a few months back. You never know, it might still be there or they might have found another one since.

I should add that our umbrella fold buggy is too long to fit in the boot of the Clio, though the M&P 3 in 1 folding pram thingy that we originally got fits just nicely (in fact, that was the main reason for choosing that particular pram.)
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome