Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Bonnet Catch Failures

View Single Post
post #1020 of (permalink) Old 27th August 2010
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: BBC Watchdog report :: Faulty Renault Clio bonnet catches

Originally Posted by vass20 View Post
Aaron, did you not receive the email I sent you on 11/06/2010?

How's it going with the ministry?
Thanks for note sir!

Mr Hammond MP ignored my first letter, so sent him a reminder...and guess what I receive a standard response from VOSA's Complaints department, advising that I would have to go through the legal due process (i.e. solicitors etc) if I wish to obtain a Judicial my cost!

The other option was to complaint to the Parlimentary Public Service and Health Ombudsman, which I have now done...but this requires a request from an MP - so guess what I have asked Mr Hammond to raise this to the Ombudsman on my behalf...i.e. ask the MP to raise a complaint about his own department - genius I thought!

Anyway, more news to follow...not expecting to hold much hope really...our government officials are just prats at times...wish me luck...

P.S. for those of you out there, if the case is investigated by the Ombudsman, then I would request additional support from those of you who have experienced this safety issue, as the Ombudsmand will only look into cases where people have experienced personal hardship - notably financial loss...and unfortunately, this might not apply in my case (as I got the money for the repairs out of Renault) - grrrr....

Aaron Brigatti
Brigatti Online -

Clio Bonnet-Catch Issues?
- Read the Correspondence Archive (Recently Updated!) @
- and the latest on my experiences @

Currently in brigatti's garage:
2009 Audi A4 1.4 TFSI
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome