Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic II - Access the resistor pack in 5 mins.

View Single Post
post #95 of (permalink) Old 27th August 2010
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Scenic II - Access the resistor pack in 5 mins.

Originally Posted by mickey1965 View Post
Hello, Last week had the air con pressure switch changed as air con stopped working. Am now on holiday in France and weather warming up nicely. Stopped for fuel, re-started car and no blower fan. Can sense that air con working but no fan to blow it into car. (Manual Air Con) Have checked fan fuse in glove box and seems OK (Changed it anyway)
Have never had resistor seen too. I have suddenly lost all fan speeds instantly without warning. Was only on speed 2 before we stopped and no smells.
Any ideas?
Got my 2005 renault scenic grande back from service/MOT last month. They said they fixed the aircon. After a few days the aircon was back to hot air. Also noticed that the heat fan only worked on 4. Cant tell if it came back from the garage in this condition. Today it stopped altogether. Checked the fuse (fuse box in glove compartment and not to lower right of steering wheel as described in the manual) - OK. Started looking through web and before buying a Haynes manual or taking the top of the dashboard off (lots of advice for other models), I pulled off the 2 digital dash covers as described in post 17 (thanks aahbarnes). I couldnt get the connector out, but wiggled things about a bit. Now I have 3 and 4 on the controller giving me lots of air. Is this likely to fail again? Car on extended warrantee - sounds like this will not be covered and it will be expensive to go back to the dealer just for them to confirm the problem. Any advice? Getting the resistor pack out and in sounds a bit difficult. I am not a mechanic.
Currently in jimboscenic's garage:
2005 Renault Scenic grand 1.6
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome