Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II 1.9Dci - Engines - Hesitation Cured after EGR cleaned

View Single Post
post #156 of (permalink) Old 30th August 2010
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Unhappy Re: Renault Laguna II 1.9Dci - Engines - Hesitation Cured after EGR cleaned

Well........ I read this thread with great interest (thanks everyone) after picking up my Laguna II 1.9dCi at auction last week. It was showing the signs of a blocked EGR valve as it was pulsing at low throttle and chucking out black smoke when the power had dropped off.

So yesterday, I decided that armed with the advice for removal, cleaning etc. I would give it a go..... Well the valve had previously been split and would not come out for anything I ended up knocking one of the bolt holes off trying to move it with a punch I decided then to clean the inlet manifold as best I could with tooth brush and carb cleaner and some added on idle (loads of deposits) and come back to the EGR valve with some pipe grips.

On re-assemby, the car is idling ok but has no power at all and actually runs slightly better when the injection light comes on

Any thoughts as to what I have done and how I can remedy it? Is removing the manifold for a proper clean wise?

Thanks all
Currently in pie_man's garage:
2001 Laguna 1.9dCi
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome