Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic II - How to change reversing light switch with pictures

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 1st September 2010
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Talking Re: Renault Scenic II - How to change reversing light switch with pictures

@Bigemep, Thanks for posting this how to and for including photo's.

I followed your pictures and removed all the electrics, battery tray etc... your how to is spot on but for anyone, who like me didn't read it properly, removal of all the above is not needed if you have a 5 speed.

On my 2005 (5 speed) Scenic the reverse switch is located behind the passenger side suspension strut. You simply need to remove the wheel, the wheel liner and you can see the switch bolted into the side of the gearbox.

It has 3 wires running into it. When ordering the new part I was given the choice of ordering 2 wire or 3 wire switches. I'm going to presume that the 2 wire switch is for the earlier model or it is for the 6 speed perhaps...?!

I have to order the 3 wire version of the switch tomorrow. Just wondering if anyone has replaced the switch on a 5 speed and if so will I lose a ton of gearbox oil in the process? If I do lose gearbox oil , where is it topped up from?

Currently in ScenicIreland's garage:
2005 Scenic 1.6
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome