Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II 1.9Dci - Engines - Hesitation Cured after EGR cleaned

View Single Post
post #158 of (permalink) Old 1st September 2010
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Smile Re: Renault Laguna II 1.9Dci - Engines - Hesitation Cured after EGR cleaned

Folks, having encountered all the above symptoms of lag, no power, no turbo kicking in low revs, 20 mph everywhere in every gear etc etc. I replaced my EGR valve gave the innards a good clean with carb cleaner etc. and replaced the & Air Flow sensor (146 total inc Vat from GSF). Same problems, I subsequently found a couple of frayed wires leading to connections just below the EGR valve, I stripped the conduit back and fixed this with good quality insulating tape, anyhow the problems remained. I bit the bullet and slowly drove to my local independent garage with a diagnostic tester to find the Turbo pressure sensor had an open circuit. New sensor required!!

Top tip dont clean the inside of this sensor with Carb Cleaner!!!!

A friend has the same car so I swapped the sensors around and hey presto! the car has life again thank goodness.

Morale of the story spend 20 with a local garage to diagnose the problem in the first place!!

Oh By the way the EGR valve needed replacing as it was broken in two on removal and really messy.

I hope this helps someone as I reading all these posts with different cures and diagnosis was really doing my head in.
Currently in einwod's garage:
renault laguna 1.9dci
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome