Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Scenic boot button

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 5th September 2010
Scenic Fidji
Re: Scenic boot button

Unfortunately it***8217;s a very very common problem on the phase 1999 to 2003 II Scenic they have been redesigned and not as strong as the pre 1999 Scenic boot lock mechanism. The O ring that holds the button in perishes falls apart and lets the button fall out. There is a high demand for 2nd hand Scenic boot locks and you can pay up to 30 from car breakers that know this!

I believe you can only buy the complete boot lock assembly from Renault there is a guy on Ebay who does a lock repair kit

I have used one of these kits on my 2001 Scenic but after 6 months it broke!! Though when I let the guy know he offered me a refund I asked him for a replacement instead which he duly sent so that I could repair and keep the lock as a spare as we have 2 Scenic***8217;s.

In the mean time I bought a boot lock from a 1998 Scenic which is interchangeable with the phase the II Scenic the button mechanism and lock motor are 2 separate mechanisms with a linkage rod but are definitely much stronger than the later all combined unit. The earlir locks had a key which I don't have but that's not really a problem as the original lock didn't have a key hole anyway.

I have found the same applies to the fuel flap the earlier Scenic is much stronger and robust than the phase II Scenic which again have these break for a pass time. They are interchangeable but the flap lock plunger doesn***8217;t engage to lock the flap.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome