Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Hatch door handle button replacement ...

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 5th September 2010
Scenic Fidji
Re: Hatch door handle button replacement ...

Originally Posted by DaveWillow View Post
Hi guys,

I need some links or contact numbers to replace the button on the handle (outer) on the hatch door on my Renault Scenic 52 reg. I now have to open it with a screwdriver. Can anyone offer any help? I really don't want to go to the Renault dealers.

Sorry it's taken so long to see and reply to your question. If you search the forum you will see you are in same boot as many other.

It***8217;s a really common problem with the 1999 to 2003 Scenic the boot lock has been redesigned (cost saving no doubts!) and not as strong as the phase I locks up to 1999. They aren***8217;t the same but interchangeable as long as you get the separate lock and motor and linkage from an earlier Scenic but aren***8217;t usually colour coded and have a key hole. but thats not really a problem even if you don't get the key with the lock as with later Scenic you can only get in with the central locking anyway.

Most breakers are aware these fall apart for a past time so expect to pay up to 30. I understand Renault will only sell you the full boot lock.

Alternatively there is guy on Fleabay who does a repair kit which is fractionally cheaper

Though after 6 months mine broke! But he did offer me a refund though I asked for a replacement so I have repaired it again as we have 2 Scenic***8217;s and I have kept it as a spare.

Or alternatively the cheapest option is a pen in the hole! Lol though this means every other Tom, **** and Harry can also get in your boot!
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome