Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Plastic trim at top left and right corners of clio

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 7th September 2010
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Plastic trim at top left and right corners of clio

Hi guys,

I know it was years ago but I tihnk they are on about the windscreen trim/rubber seals that you find on the top right and left corner of the windscreen. They are all like that and it keeps the water out!

The reason I know this is because mine has just lost the small section overlapping the two main rubber seals running down the side of the windscreen and along the top. This leaves a little area exposed probably not more than 1-2cm. The heavy rain recently is causing me to find out to my peril that this little piece is quite vital and now water is running into the roof and down through the reading light well!

Ideally I want to save my self some cash and do this repair myself, so far I have had some gaffer tape on as a temporary measure last night when I detected the rain running in. i know this is not ideal as its not waterproof and will be messy to clear off. I havent been able to locate the part as yet.

So does anyone have any bright ideas of how to either:

A) get hold of this missing piece of rubber
B) fashion my own replacement part
Currently in Neon's garage:
2002 Renault Clio Dynamique 1.2 16v
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome