Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Need Vel Satis Engineer

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 8th September 2010
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Need Vel Satis Engineer

My local main dealer were happy to service my 3.5 Vel Satis - a standard 12000 mile service, which is oil and filter change, cabin filter, and general check over was 184, but I am in the West Country, and was their cheaper 'Motrio' option. A main dealer in your area should be able to deal with your car without a problem. The expensive service is the spark plug one, but I have been quoted only 500 for that - the engine out comment is an urban myth as far as I can understand - only the inlet manifold needs to be removed. The service schedule will require your air filter to be changed now (at 32K), but there is an excellent post on this site which will allow you to change your own (filter is 20). Every 4 years the brake fluid and coolant are supposed to be changed - as separate jobs I was quoted about 180 for the two, but combined with a service it should be less, and as my car is also low mileage (33K) I didn't bother to be honest - that can wait till next time. Your car should have had that done once already, as it is a time based requirement. Good luck with your car - it looked a superb one (on Autotrader) regards, Steve
Currently in dpress's garage:
Renault Vel Satis 3.5 Initiale
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome