Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Bonnet Catch Failures

View Single Post
post #1023 of (permalink) Old 9th September 2010
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: BBC Watchdog report :: Faulty Renault Clio bonnet catches

Gotta luv Government burearrachy...I jumped through the hoop - but they just gave me another hoop to jump through....They seem to forget Mr Hammond, Secretary of State for Transport IS an MP.

Hey-ho - had already escalated this to Nicolas Soames MP (my constituency MP) to act upon my request in any case!

But I like that they feel Mr Hammond could ask for his own department to be referred to the Ombudsman - ergh...why not, that was my a tax payer lol!

"Dear Mr Brigatti,

Thank you for your letter of 23 August and email of 24 August addressed to Philip Hammond and relating to your request for a judicial review or referral to the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman. Your correspondence has been passed to me to respond.

As Mr Fiddes explained in his letter to you of 26 July, if you are considering applying for a judicial review we would recommend you seek independent legal advice.

If you wish to refer your case to the Ombudsman you should contact an MP and ask him to refer the matter on your behalf. As you wish the Ombudsman to review the position of the Department for Transport and the Vehicle and Operator Services Agency in relation to reported vehicle defects, it is not appropriate for the Secretary of State for Transport to take the matter forward for you. I would suggest, therefore, that you request the assistance of either your local MP or another MP of your choosing.

Yours sincerely,

Sally Cranney
VOSA Corporate Office

Aaron Brigatti
Brigatti Online -

Clio Bonnet-Catch Issues?
- Read the Correspondence Archive (Recently Updated!) @
- and the latest on my experiences @

Currently in brigatti's garage:
2009 Audi A4 1.4 TFSI
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome