Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Bonnet Catch Failures

View Single Post
post #1025 of (permalink) Old 13th September 2010
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Re: BBC Watchdog report :: Faulty Renault Clio bonnet catches

HEAR! HEAR! madnoel10

Now another interesting point... ECHR requires that each member state puts in place independent mechanisms that can "quickly, cheaply and efficiently investigate complaints and provide redress". It seems to me that an attempt is being made to frustrate Brigatti's efforts by intimidating him with high legal costs. That is the whole point of the office of Ombudsman, isn't it?

In my view, this government department, VOSA, is failing to deliver to the public, that which the public is paying it to deliver.

Transparency is about seeing that public officials are not perceived as being in anyone's pocket, and it is reasonable to question why VOSA opts to rely on reports made by the complained-against party, rather than conducting its own investigations.

Nearly, 200m of taxpayers' money tells me they do have sufficient resources even if they have to farm out the investigation to a private engineering contractor. This is not rocket science after all.

Confucius he say "Wise Inuit never eats yellow snow"
Currently in vass20's garage:
Citroen Relay 2.2 HDi + Citroen C4 1.6 HDi EGS
The Following User Says Thank You to vass20 For This Useful Post:
brigatti (13th September 2010)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome