Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna DCI GT vs Dynamique

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 17th September 2010
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
Re: Laguna DCI GT vs Dynamique

Originally Posted by diesel76 View Post
I am going to buy another laguna to use for work and want it to be reasonably economical but still have a bit of poke. I am either going to buy a 2006/07 2.0 DCi Dynamique or same age 2.0 DCi GT. Anyone have any recomendations between these two, aside from horse power is the GT worth the premium??
I'm not sure, so you'd need to check, but I think the GT gets the DVD navigation/Bluetooth/6 disc MP3 changer that the Initiale got. Or perhaps that was an option that I just happen to have seen on one. I'm pretty sure you also get full leather, though I recall the colour scheme being rather garish.

The big down-side to the GT is the fact that it is equipped with a FAP (diesel particulate filter.) This may well reduce the service interval (it halved it on the 1.9) so check this out before committing. It will also cause you lots of problems if you don't do much long-distance driving and will lead to an expensive (four figure) repair bill when the item finally dies (they're supposed to be good for around 100K.)

For my money: If you want the extra power, go for the GT. If always being the quickest car off at the lights is not your priority, then you'll find the 150bhp engine more than adequate for the size of the car (it'll still show a clean pair of heels to a lot of others) and you'll find the running costs a lot lower.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
The Following User Says Thank You to Horatio For This Useful Post:
diesel76 (18th September 2010)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome