Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic 1 - General Advice On Interior Water Ingress

View Single Post
post #77 of (permalink) Old 18th September 2010
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Scenic 1 - General Advice On Interior Water Ingress

Originally Posted by spallan49 View Post
Hello, we have a 2002 scenic (mk2 i think) and water is gushing in at the sides of the front window when it rains. We took mud out of front wheel arches (didn't unscrew anything)and the water that was blocked flowed through BUT still are getting a big leak and its coming into footwells.
I have duct tapes round the top and its working, we just look silly. Please where should I start?
I sympathise with you. I first discovered water under the boot carpet and in the spare wheel well when I got a puncture when my 2000 Scenic was 18 months old. I traced the leak to a drip, drip, drip off the rear end of the nearside sunroof roof track. After removing the nearside plastic trim in the boot I discovered the drain pipe in corner appeared to be have been squashed by the trim. I put it all back carefully, so I thought, but it still leaked afterwards.

My rear sunroof has been taped up with black electrical tape for about 9 years now. I renew the tape every 12 months or so. At least the boot has remained dry for those 9 years. One day I may remove the trim again and try to protect the pipe from squashing better. My next car won't have a sunroof!!
Currently in Charenton's garage:
2000 Renault Scenic 1.6 Alize
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome