Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - loose wire by brakes and query with caliper bolts

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 18th September 2010 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
loose wire by brakes and query with caliper bolts

Hi , I have a renault scenic t reg , I am going to change front brake pads next week and am trying to cover myself and be prepared for any "issues" , firstly i dont want to be able to remove bolts on caliper on one side , change them and the realise i cant get bolts off caliper on other side , can I loosen bolts on both sides to see if possible and re tighten or can you not do this? , also there is a wire (not pipe) which goes to nowhere from engine compartment to just short of caliper , looks to me as if its some sort of warning light to tell you pads are down , should I be worried about this?, is this an mot failure? , no problems up until now , just think it has been cut poss because someone bought wrong pads and "modified" it.
Currently in neilcarroll's garage:
espace 1993
  5 Lastest Threads by neilcarroll
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Water pump leaking but not all the time. Heating & cooling lancs dave 6 1914 26th May 2013 06:57 PM
megane scenic 99 , jumping , fault light on ,... Engines neilcarroll 0 600 27th February 2013 06:48 PM
'mystery box' under bonnet megane scenic Electronics neilcarroll 2 1053 24th February 2013 09:48 AM
renault scenic megane immobiliser fault , getting... Electronics neilcarroll 4 5546 22nd February 2013 09:49 PM
can i hack saw off this exhaust bracket or not ,... Exhausts SomersetScott 3 1487 24th June 2012 04:38 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome