Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic 1 - General Advice On Interior Water Ingress

View Single Post
post #79 of (permalink) Old 19th September 2010
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Scenic 1 - General Advice On Interior Water Ingress

Originally Posted by Charenton View Post
I sympathise with you. I first discovered water under the boot carpet and in the spare wheel well when I got a puncture when my 2000 Scenic was 18 months old. I traced the leak to a drip, drip, drip off the rear end of the nearside sunroof roof track. After removing the nearside plastic trim in the boot I discovered the drain pipe in corner appeared to be have been squashed by the trim. I put it all back carefully, so I thought, but it still leaked afterwards.

My rear sunroof has been taped up with black electrical tape for about 9 years now. I renew the tape every 12 months or so. At least the boot has remained dry for those 9 years. One day I may remove the trim again and try to protect the pipe from squashing better. My next car won't have a sunroof!!
Margaret, you made me laugh....but I really hope I
don't have duct tape too for 9 years. We have a 7 and a 10 year old that think apart from backing books etc I am obsessed with wrapping and sticking things.My duct tape work hasn't been as effective as yours though, the rain pours in from near the roof down the sides.
Ah well....hopefully tomorrow will sort it.
Currently in spallan49's garage:
2002 renault scenic diesel which I love - crashed on the 1st Jan 2010!!!!!!
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome