Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic - Fire risk - Door mirror control

View Single Post
post #411 of (permalink) Old 20th September 2010
burning megane
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Scenic - Fire risk - Door mirror control

hi fireball scenic, the key card was out of the ignition, the wife parked it on the drive weds teatime and thurs morning when she went to take our daughter to school this is how she found the car, as far as i can remember it was raining over night and a light drizzle on the thurs morning, i rang ruk this morning thanks to your posts on this thread, i wouldnt have bothered to be honest accept i got slightly curious to see if this had happened before, you can imagine my shock at finding this thread on scenics, also rang vosa this morning and they are sending me a form to complete, but not holding my breath to be honest, their latest recall list still doesnt mention the scenic mirror control switch as being a risk!! ruk were supposed to be ringing myself back this afternoon to arrange for their engineer steve to have a look at the car but as yet nothing, will be ringing them again tomorrow morning, as far as i know the doorcard has never been off or at least not whilst we have had the car which has been since april 2008
Currently in burning megane's garage:
rover 75 cdt
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome