Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic I - Cost Of Replacement Fuel Flap

View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old 21st September 2010
laddies dad
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Send a message via MSN to laddies dad
Re: Renault Scenic I - Cost Of Replacement Fuel Flap

Mine fell off in onto the petrol station forecourt a few weeks ago, found one in a local dismantlers today, so went down to take it off.
4 Scenics all lined up, only 2 with flaps, both earlier than 2001 but with out the inner mud guard.
This is very significant, as both the 8 mm nuts were siezed on the threads from all the road dirt, and bearing in mind you have very little room to move especially for the top one.
Both bolts spin in the plastic housing too, so I had to jam them with a small screw driver.
Eventually I got the bottom one off but was beaten by the top one, so the man came along with a cutting disc machine, and cut it out of the body!
I got it home and WD 40'd it and eventually got the nut off and removed the body parts.
Now the worry of mine!
Needent of though as mine is fitted with the inner mud guard, so jacked up the car, removed wheel, undid enough of the guard and both nuts came off clean as a wistle, old hinge removed, new replacement bolted on in all of 10 minutes.
So I had both examples of how easy a job can be and how difficult, just glad it was that way round though, did'nt fancy cutting holes in our car.
Cost me a tenner, so quite pleased with the out come, still have to match spray it though.
Currently in laddies dad's garage:
2003 Triumph Bonneville & '54 Renault Scenic 02
The Following User Says Thank You to laddies dad For This Useful Post:
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome