Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - IDE Renault Coupe brakes

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 28th July 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thanks, the rear discs were a bend over the desk and pull your trousers down kind of price but as you say they come with bearing/ABS Ring already pressed together and everybody else I asked said Well yes its included but I dont know if its assembled so I played it safe under advice to keep it all clean buying from Ren(No), might not get it all done until next week because the brakes are ok at the moment performance wise apart from corrosion on the inside disk face so im told, just needs doing before MOT because the guy who looked said "I would fail it right now" , had new rear pads 3 months ago and they are nearly done on the inside because of the disk corrosion plus clips missing etc, think whats happened is the car needed new drive shafts (both outer CV's leaked and wrecked BOTH) and apparently the shafts were unique and 273 (WHAT) each but just got them refurbished and the guy put a set of pads on the rear corroded disks out of sympathy, hence why I want them all fresh now, they dont look too bad on the visible side but apparently the inside pads on both are getting there plus burning/corrosion on the disks.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome