Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Clio 'Campus'...What's the difference ?

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 29th September 2010
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
Re: Clio 'Campus'...What's the difference ?

As Pat says, they've used the 'Campus' name for the old model during the sales overlap with the new one. They did the same with the Renault 5 when the Clio I first came out.

It's tricky to say what the exact differences are. They basically dropped the whole Clio trim range (Expression, Dynamique, Initiale etc.) and replaced it with just a base model and and a sportified one. I would expect a mish-mash of features from the low to middle of the previous range.

They do muck around with the engine outputs from time to time, and an extra 3bhp is neither here nor there. I doubt there are any mechanical differences between it and the previous engines. It could be a slightly tweaked 65 (most likely) or it could be a detuned 80.

The most obvious difference I've noticed is that most (but not all) of the Campus models have the rear number plate on the bumper. On the earlier Clio II's, it was on the boot lid.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome