Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - How much would you pay?

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 30th September 2010 Thread Starter
dai lard
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
How much would you pay?

For a 2003 Renault Scenic Privilege + dti...........

it's a one owner and although there's a few dings on the bodywork (elderly driver who has slowly lost his mobility, so the dings are where he has misjudged car width/length), it has only covered 44,500 genuine miles, full service history, T&T until June 2011, tyres like new, front seats have been covered from day one, rears have never been used.

However there is one stumbling block!!!!, it has the dreaded loss of power/won't rev/then kicks in etc. Now I have driven this car several times over the last few years and the fault it now presents has developed in the last few days, I took it for a drive today and the "heater plugs on" light displayed for a long time and then went off, during this time it spluttered and threw out some black smoke and when this stopped it just returned lack of power.

So my friends, with this is mind, I'm thinking 1000 - 1500 to buy it.................the only reason it is for sale is that he now also finds the manual shift a problem so is opting for an auto.

Am I in the right ball park? Opinions please.

Currently in dai lard's garage:
2000 PT Cruiser and a 2002 Rover 75 Connie Tourer SE
  5 Lastest Threads by dai lard
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
How much would you pay? Cars & motoring dai lard 4 1206 30th September 2010 04:58 PM
Mr Contador in trouble Cycling Club dai lard 0 2955 30th September 2010 03:56 PM
G'day from Wales!!!! Welcome to RenaultForums dai lard 0 665 30th September 2010 02:51 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome