Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic II - Access the resistor pack in 5 mins.

View Single Post
post #102 of (permalink) Old 1st October 2010
Scenic Demon
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Scenic II - Access the resistor pack in 5 mins.

some really useful info on this thread, cheers everyone.

all 4 speeds have been knacked on my scenic for a few weeks, managed without up to now, but the bad weather this week has had the windows steamed right up and no blower = no demisting, which is a bit of a problem, so i decided to investigate further

pulled the trim out around the dash, and managed to disconnect the block connector. as seen on the photo's on here, its well melted so there's the problem

i haven't got the resistor pack out yet, thats tomorrow mornings task when its light, but i'm assuming i'm going to need a new one so gonna get one from the AEP direct link on here

what isn't clear to me yet is what i do about my melted block connector - i've seen a few mentions of a new loom available from Renault, but there's no photo's anywhere on this thread - has anyone who's spliced in this new loom taken any photo's or am i going to have to venture into the unknown? a little nervous about this cos i don't really do electrics!
Currently in Scenic Demon's garage:
11 Reg Skoda Octavia 1.6 MPi SE and a 2001 Yamaha YZF600R Thundercat
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome