Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Hands free telephone

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 30th July 2006
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
I can't find the thread in question, but I'm sure I recall a discussion over the connector changing between the Phase 1 and Phase 2 Laguna II models. It would probably be worth waiting for the car to arrive and double-checking the connector before ordering a lead.

To be honest, I'd just wire the CARK-91 conventionally and ignore the pre-wiring kit, especially if the only benefit you're going to get is the speaker (don't even bank on this - when I tried to wire up in my last Laguna II, the speaker had been 'used' by the voice synth. On the Phase II, they've either moved the speaker or it's gone, as the actuator for the electronic parking brake goes where the speaker was on the Phase 1.)

If your phone has Bluetooth, then why not go for one of the Parrot kits? These start at around 50 quid and are an easy DIY install. Alternatively, Halfords apparently do a bluetooth kit fully fitted for around 80 quid.

The pitfalls of Bluetooth are that the phone is running on its own antenna, and you have to make alternative arrangments for charging. Other than that, it keeps the car looking factory spec and means you don't have to drill any nasty holes in the dash.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome