Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - How do I adjust headlamps for driving abroad?

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 31st July 2006
John J
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
I enquired with Renault about this for our Espace when we went abroad last year.

Apparently there isn't a switch at the back of the Xenons inlike my 13yr old Calibra which has! You have to buy a set of adhesive headlanp deflectors from Renault (or get them from Halfords). Note, the ones from Halfords don't show the positioning for the new Espace in the instructions sheet but the company concerned told me it was as per the older style Renault - ie. projection lights.

We didn't get this info in time as I didn't find out till I went to put them on (on the Eurotunnel train). When I rang them they did get back though. In the end I didn't actually get round to fitting them as the deflection didn't seem anywhere near as noticable as my Calibra lights are (for example) which positively throw the light into the hedge (in the UK) or the eyes of oncoming traffic (if abroad). When you illuminate against a wall you'll see the light pattern.

've since been told if you have a crash without deflectors fitted it can impact the outcome/insurance - so its worth fitting.
Currently in John J's garage:
Family car - 2004 3.0dCi Grand Espace. Fun car - Calibra 4x4 Turbo
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome