Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Problem with CD Player on Car radio

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 31st July 2006 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Problem with CD Player on Car radio

I have a Renault Laguna Prestige Sports Tourer 2001 1.6 16V. I wonder if anyone can give me any help regarding my car radio especially the cd player.

When inserting a CD into the slot I get an error message, take out the CD try another one and get the same message. Then try another one and it starts playing OK then switch off and then on again and although it worked OK the first time it again comes up with an error message.

This happens all the time although I have used a head cleaner and made sure that the disks are clean this also happens with brand new disks.

I did read in the manual that if the radio/cdplayer overheats it switches off and you have to let it cool down however the radio works OK all the time.

Do I need a replacement radio/cd player, I have searched the internet but cannot find the answer or the price for a new one. Thanks in anticipation for any suggestions.

Currently in DeeBeeS's garage:
2001 Renault Laguna Sports Tourer 16v 1600
  5 Lastest Threads by DeeBeeS
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Fitting of wiper stalk on Laguna Electronics DeeBeeS 0 1027 13th December 2012 11:41 AM
Fuse keeps blowing Electronics DeeBeeS 4 2460 5th July 2010 06:19 PM
Heater runs cold when stationery Heating & cooling hondo 9 2716 20th January 2010 10:13 AM
Drivers door will not open Electronics DeeBeeS 2 1849 21st November 2009 10:41 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome