Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - How To - Megane1 2001 1.6 16v air filter replacement

View Single Post
post #26 of (permalink) Old 12th October 2010 Thread Starter
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Send a message via MSN to stef123
Re: How To - Megane1 2001 1.6 16v air filter replacement

Originally Posted by Brit_Rich View Post
Guys, my first post and thanks to Stef. Read loads on here as I am stuck in France (and I don't speak the lingo that well at all yet) and so having to repair and service my second hand (french) Scenic I (Ph2). We bought the Scenic as we needed the space for my new baby daughter and a 2nd car to work out travel to nursery and wifes work etc. I bought the air and pollen filters a couple of weeks ago and been trying to find time to fit them, then sat working my way through the forums (already used to sort out my stuttering engine - ignition coils ) - to find out where and how they go, both were fited within 20 mins.
The ignition coils took me 45 mins, (excluding time in the garage - see below) and cost me £52 incl shipping from the UK (for the set). Overall you guys have saved me about 700 euros, the garage wanted 480 to supply and fit the coils and another 250 to investigate and correct the cabin smell, he pobviously knew what it was from what my wife tanslated.

Next job... fix the cabin heater thermostat.. on full only.. seen the post.. taking out the dash top to find the resistor pack this weekend.

I'm a computer geek by trade, swore I'd never get my hands dirty with my car, might as well have shown me a knitting pattern .. always traded comouter fixes for car fixes... but having some (frustrating) fun and a great sense of achievment doing it myself now!

Anyway enough rambling on... big thanks and chin ups to everyone. Superb help.

Cheers :D !!!!

bobbydog: nice fix, going to have to sort mine out a bit better as it has all the wrappings of a manic mummy currently!

tahrey: hear you on those torx screws and the ignigtion coils.. nightmare.. and I'm 189 euros lighter as the local garage had to be involved to drill out two of them for me. (I have a nice set of torx drivers and bits ... now!)

glad to hear we have helped you out Brit_rich and thanks for the positive feedback.

but 189 euros to drill out 2 small torx head bolts thats about £150? ahwell, atleast you are all sorted now?
Currently in stef123's garage:
2006 Ford Mondeo ST TDCI
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome