Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Grand Scenic Brakes Playing Up??

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 16th October 2010 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Grand Scenic Brakes Playing Up??

Just changed the front pads this morning as they were pretty low (less than half a mill). I also noticed that due to the pads being so worn down, the level of brake fluid was indicating a bit low. This is what i believe to have caused the occasional alert on the dash during travel that issued a breaking fault.

However, once i had swapped the old pads for the new ones, i attempted to drive off and i had no breaks what so ever (thank god for the hand break). The break pedal goes straight to the floor with no effect.

This left me in a state of confusion as all i had done was a simple pad swap (one of many) so i bled all 4 breaks. This gave me a small amount of breaking but still the break goes all the way to the floor.

I'm thinking its the master cylinder???
Any ideas??? And where can i get a new unit from (Part no. etc)

Currently in *bartlett*'s garage:
Renault Grand Scenic II (54)
  5 Lastest Threads by *bartlett*
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Grand Scenic ii 1.5DCi 2004 Cambelt Change Tools?? Engines tolsen 9 5465 10th December 2010 07:04 PM
Grand Scenic Brakes Playing Up?? Brakes/Hubs Lagdti 6 1751 16th October 2010 05:50 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome