Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Trafic SL27 DCi 115 Quickshift

View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 17th October 2010
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 2 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Send a message via MSN to Haree
Re: Renault Trafic SL27 DCi 115 Quickshift

with regards to your trafic quickshift did you actually test drive one before you bought one. I have not myself driven a trafic quickshift but have driven a Renault Master 1.9 DCI 120 quickshift plus vehicles with the same type of gearboxes such as vauxhalls easytronic. In case you are not aware the gearbox in your trafic is not a true automatic. Its an automated manual gearbox which is basically a manual gearbox with an automatic electro hydraulic clutch. In auto mode the van will change up and down the gearbox and select the appropriate gear dependent on your speed, whether or not you are braking, engine load and your driving style. If you are using heavy acceleration to try and get the box to shift up you are in fact actually delaying the box shifting up as you are telling the onboard computer that controls the shifting of the gearbox I want more power so I will remain in a lower gear longer. Gentle fluid like acceleration is best. I admit the quickshift is not silky smooth but you can usually adapt your driving style to suit the box and make the drive a lot smoother. Also in manual mode it can sometimes be smoother then in auto mode. You will find things smooth out when the engine loosens up and the clutch beds in. I am sorry before if I have annoyed you but hope you find this advice useful.

Currently in Haree's garage:
I don't have a garage just a driveway. The Modus 1.6 16v VVT Dynamique Auto is my Grandparents car which I also drive.
The Following User Says Thank You to Haree For This Useful Post:
Stavrom (17th October 2010)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome