Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Trafic SL27 DCi 115 Quickshift

View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old 17th October 2010 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Trafic SL27 DCi 115 Quickshift

Originally Posted by Haree View Post

with regards to your trafic quickshift did you actually test drive one before you bought one. I have not myself driven a trafic quickshift but have driven a Renault Master 1.9 DCI 120 quickshift plus vehicles with the same type of gearboxes such as vauxhalls easytronic. In case you are not aware the gearbox in your trafic is not a true automatic. Its an automated manual gearbox which is basically a manual gearbox with an automatic electro hydraulic clutch. In auto mode the van will change up and down the gearbox and select the appropriate gear dependent on your speed, whether or not you are braking, engine load and your driving style. If you are using heavy acceleration to try and get the box to shift up you are in fact actually delaying the box shifting up as you are telling the onboard computer that controls the shifting of the gearbox I want more power so I will remain in a lower gear longer. Gentle fluid like acceleration is best. I admit the quickshift is not silky smooth but you can usually adapt your driving style to suit the box and make the drive a lot smoother. Also in manual mode it can sometimes be smoother then in auto mode. You will find things smooth out when the engine loosens up and the clutch beds in. I am sorry before if I have annoyed you but hope you find this advice useful.

Thank you for your advice....
You did not enoy me at all. I do know that i do not need to be heavy on foot and i am not. The problem is ...
when it is cold and i press gas pedal a little bit it does change when it is reaches 2000-2200 rpm but once it is reached normal temperature it does not want to change up to 3000 rpm and i press gas pedal the same way....long story
Back to the oil that i would like to change anyone knows how to do that ?
I mean of course i no that i need to drain the oil then change the oil filter and then fill it up with the oil it easy to reach the oil filter and drain plug?
Thank you very much
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome