Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio - 1.2 16v Misfire Information

View Single Post
post #22 of (permalink) Old 19th October 2010
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Clio - 1.2 16v Misfire Information

Originally Posted by knighty08 View Post
Hello guys
I've got the misfire problem and will find it no problem to change the unit, but I'm finding it quite hard to pull the pencils out they just don't seem to be moving at all. Do they just pull out or do they need a tool ? Cheers niall
They do just pull out but can be tough to get going due to the tight fit they need on the top of the spark plugs. I've just replaced mine after getting the dreaded toxic fumes warning light, but managed to get my finger trapped between the pencil and the engine body when one of them did eventually give way ... agony!! Thankfully the other three were injury free, though still firmly attached.

Aside from that, the misfiring has definitely stopped (not moved the car yet, but the misfiring tended to occur during low-revs for me). The warning light is still on, but I'm assuming it just needs a bit of heat through it in order to burn off the contaminates. (I hope!)
Currently in Damon*'s garage:
2002 Renault Clio Dynamique 16v
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome