Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - How many Avantime owners?

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 1st August 2006
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by hugh121

There is one around the corner from me. I have also come across a couple whilst researching my problems with an engine - recently replaced!

Have you had many problems with yours - I've had the usual missfires, sliding drawer breaking etc? Also have you got your limited edition certificate / plaque etc?

In order:

1. No (clutching wood!) - a little spasmodic alarm action and the armrest catch broken only. Mine's an '02 car with c. 39k on the clock. It was the press car used by Auto Express (and maybe other mags) when first released in the UK.

2. No, but in dialogue with Renault Marketing about it. I know it's car number 98, but the pack may have gone to the previous owner, with whom Renault are enquiring on my behalf.

I have 3 other cars, two of which I alternate with the Avantime, so annual mileage per car will be low - hopefully less wear and tear!

My other cars are less unusual!
Currently in SykeStudiO's garage:
Renault Avantime Privilege V6 Auto -- Jaguar XJR V8 S/charged -- Honda Civic Type-R -- Honda Beat
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome