Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Fitting TT510 in a Scenic II

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 2nd August 2006
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
TomTom do dash mounts for the x00 series, so I'm guessing they've either got them for the x10's or are about to release them. I know there have been problems with the x10 suction mounts and many have had to be replaced, so that might hold things up.

Reception-wise, I wouldn't worry. The x10's all have the SiRFstar III chipset, which can reputedly often even get a signal indoors.

Wiring-wise, you have a few options, but all of them include the cigar lighter adaptor that came with the unit. This drops the 12 volt input down to the 5 volts that the TomTom is expecting. If you try to make your own unregulated lead, you will fry your TomTom.

I thought the Scenic was pretty well featured for cigar lighter sockets. If it's anything like my Laguna, it'll have the one in the dash, one inside the centre console and another on the rear of the centre console. Maplin Electronics stock a number of cigar lighter extension leads and multi-way adapters cheaply enough if the wires won't reach. I'd be inclined to plug the phone charger into one of the other outlets and use the dash one for your TomTom.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome