Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - What I hate about driving...

View Single Post
post #172 of (permalink) Old 2nd August 2006
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
I've just been reminded of one on a trip out this morning.

Idiots who insist on flashing their lights at you for being on their side of the road, while you're conducting a perfectly safe and legal overtaking manoeuvre.

Case in point today - I was on the A5117 behind two cars - one was the usual muppet who didn't understand the 'national speed limit' sign, but did understand the speed camera one and was sticking to 40 to play it safe. The other one was a sheep, just following the first.

Clear stretch of straight road, no oncoming traffic and more than enough room to overtake both cars, so mirror, signal, manoeuvre and off I go. As I'm just pulling in front of the lead car, an oncoming vehicle appears in the distance from around the oncoming bend - I'm back on the correct side of the road ages before he draws level, but he feels this compulsion to flash his lights at me as though I've done something wrong.

Now don't get me wrong, I appreciate the use of lights, horn and even the internationally understood 'd*ckhead' gesture, and will even use one or more myself if someone causes me to brake, swerve or soil my underwear. But why resort to this kind of behavour against drivers who haven't even caused you any inconvenience, let alone put you in danger?
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome