Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Megane 1 faults

Thread: Megane 1 faults
View Single Post
post #62 of (permalink) Old 27th October 2010
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Megane 1 faults

We have got a '51 plate 1.6 expression. 58000 miles. Been really good so far, had the car 5 years. Have had a few problems - 2 years ago a rear shock absorber BROKE. I put this down to the amount of speed humps and the disgusting state of the roads where we live (Wife's car - rarely leaves town) A couple of years ago also we had the ign coils replaced as it was suddenly running badly - I did not have time to do it so garage did it - they said they have to be replaced in pairs but I was dubious. Just under a year later the same thing happened - the garage replaced them under warranty. On Monday this week it went again! this time I bought one coil from local motor shop 25. I hoped to tell which was faulty by measuring the resistance on the input connectors - but they were all 0.8 ohm - including the new one. So I decided to substitute one at a time. Luckily it was the second one I swapped. Interestingly this was the newest looking one (grey top) we had 2 grey tops with no name on and 2 green tops with VALEO on - look like they have been in since car was new. Maybe buying pattern ones is not the best thing? although Renault wanted 42 for one.
They are not held in with a torx screw, it is a 10mm hex.
Oh, and if the boot lid lock motor fails buy a scenic one for half the price and just take the motor off and fit to the hatch back latch assy - you will need to put the electrical connector on the 'wrong' way round otherwise it will lock when it is supposed to un lock etc.
Currently in jaypayne's garage:
2006 scenic 1.6 vvt 2001 megane 1.6i
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome