Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Megane 1 - Clicking Noise From Dashboard On Start Up

View Single Post
post #85 of (permalink) Old 27th October 2010
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Megane 1 - Clicking Noise From Dashboard On Start Up

I brought my Megane from a garage on September 9th, I didn't really notice the clicking noise when they started the car before I brought it but the first time I started it after leaving the garage I noticed this clicking noise, I just thought it was something to do with the immobiliser. Anyway last week we had our first frost and after 30 mins of running the car the windscreen hadn't started to defrost or demist at all, I booked the car in at a local garage and today found out the problem is with the heater box and the clicking noise is caused by a broken flap. I'm really annoyed as the garage obviously knew there was a problem as they have maintainted the car for the previous owner since it was new. The warranty I was given when I brought the car won't cover the repair so I'm faced with a large bill as I can't drive around safely when I can't demist the windscreen.
Currently in Doghouse's garage:
2002 Renault Megane Cabriolet Dynamique
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome