Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - What I hate about driving...

View Single Post
post #173 of (permalink) Old 2nd August 2006
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
HaHa...perhaps he was warning you about the speed trap around the bend ;-)

There is an amazing physcology (sp?) to driver habits imho. Heres one for you.... next time you are waiting in a queue with a row of traffic moving past you in the other direction...just see how many drivers are driving with there left hand only, and with their right elbow resting on the door/window ledge and (now here is the wierd bit) with the first and middle fingers of their right hand resting across their mouth (as if holding and smoking a cigarette...but they aint)...loads do it... I interpret it as a sign of distain... "Im not going to talk to you/acknowledge you" ... god bless Freud!!!

As for flashing headlights and other "gesticulations". Flashing headlights can mean anything, like when you want to pull out, you get a flash, you pull out, the guys goes nuts cos he was onyl letting on to his mate in another car.

Or the wave like mad at you to move off/pull out.... but with our amazing raked screens and various degrees of illegal(?) window tinting you either only see reflections..and not the driver...or you can see nothing at all. So the driver races pased you in disgust that you ignored his kind offer.

Mobile phone users..... again it does my head in. Why the hell they dont use blutooth I dont know. Some cars even have it built in these days... but NO...they are seen with the phone glued to thier ear driving and changing gear one handed. UNLESS.... they are on the motorway, then you can tell those in conversation on thier mobbie cos they drive at some wierd (strangely slow) speed in lane 2 or 3 totally oblivious of what planet they are on.

Currently in Ginga's garage:
2002 (52) Renault Clio 1.2 16v 3dr Expression (CB05CF)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome