Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault - Clio 2006 - Spare Wheel

View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 30th October 2010
Billy Reilly
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault - Clio 2006 - Spare Wheel

Originally Posted by jeffrey.ellis View Post
We have just bought a new shaped Clio, the 1.2 16v Authentique. I have to say that it is a very nice car, but for me it has one niggle, namely the spare wheel. Having taken the mat out of the boot I espy a strange looking 'thing' holding in the tyre. Having gained a few years and being feeble in mind and body, and thinking that maybe I ought to have a try at taking the spare out just in case. The arrow says to push the holder forward, easier said than done. When it does come off you then have to turn a plastic piece which will then release a long cable to drop down the wheel. Ok so far. Now do the reverse to get the wheel back. Whether my arms are too short I don't know but for the life of me I cannot extend the cable far enough back to pull the wheel up and lean in the boot at the same time to screw the plastic piece back in.
What was wrong with the old nut in the boot that released the wheel. Maybe age is getting the better of me.
Hi all Bought my Cleo 2007 as a driving school car, should have known better! two gear boxes, new rear sub frame, they even broke the spare wheel release and say they wont fix it, I have to carry spare wheel in the boot now, would I buy a new renault again? no way, hope your listening Renault
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome