Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna 1 - V6 Misfire*FIXED*

View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 3rd August 2006
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
I agree with Lagdti. I don't know about the life expectancy of the cat (supposed to last a long time no? what with nine lives and everything), but if this was replaced by a main dealer you maybe can find grounds to argue over it.

If the rattling is internal, it could be the ceramics have broken, but if external, it could be that escaping gases may be causing the problems, although I'm fairly sure kwik-fit would have noticed if the exhaust system is not secure and leak-proof.

Do you have a service history? It may be worth trying to obtain a printout from a main dealer to see if the car has had the same problem before. Do you have any RTEs in your area who might do a diagnostic check without ripping you off?

Another thing I have read somewhere on this forum is that some engines are finicky about the plug-gap settings. Everything can make a difference but the rattling exhaust is a clear indicator of where to start.

Best of luck and keep us informed. There may soon be other more useful and knowledgeable opinions forthcoming.

Currently in vass20's garage:
Citroen Relay 2.2 HDi + Citroen C4 1.6 HDi EGS
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome