Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Megane immobiliser

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 3rd August 2006
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
It is impossible to disable or get around the Siemens security on the Megane's! Have you checked the fuse boxes (under the bonet aswell as in the dash) for any blown blade fuses and ihave you dropped the fuse box from it's mounts yet to see if there are any signs of water ingress?

The ECU itself doesn't control the vehicles security; it is merely one of three coded systems that make up the Siemens CAT1 system. Without going in too deep for security reasons the "UBic" is what actually controls and essentially stores any security coding and is integral to the fusebox meaning it cannot be replaced without changing the entire fuse box unit and it sounds to me like IF there are no blown fuses is your problem. The really bad news is that if it is the UBic/Fusebox that has gone it will mean a NEW box from Renault as they are all coded to your specific vehicle and, IIRC can only be code written once so you could find a Coupe in a breakers yard with an identical serial number but it still won't work as the UBic's code will not match that of the ECU .

I am guessing that if you find a doner car that has an ECU , Fusebox, plip keys and code then you would be able to simply swap the lot but by the time you've bought these parts 2nd hand you might aswell have got a new UBic from Renault.

That is from the Coupe-club as they know more than me lol.

As the door switch code no longer works then it looks likely a new fuse box is needed.
Currently in sleepdeprived's garage:
megane 1.6 16v
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome