Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - card problems

Thread: card problems
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 3rd August 2006
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
You really need to know exactly what the charge is for. Is it for the breakdown recovery service, the replacement card, or both? Have they accepted that the original card malfunctioned, or are they claiming that you damaged it in some way though accident, abuse or negligence?

It might also be worth being a bit more forceful with your credit card company, especially if you feel that the money has been fraudulently taken from your card (i.e. without your consent.) It really all hinges around whether the contract you signed gives consent for them to charge your card for an incident of this nature, so the first thing you need to do (if you haven't already) is read all of that tedious small print. I'm betting that the contract holds you liable for tyre damage and the cost of replacing lost keys, but the issue here is that you didn't lose the key, it stopped working. It may all boil down to the wording of the contract as to whether or not they can get away with charging you.

To be honest, I think you're barking up the wrong tree in hoping that this is a common fault. In the eyes of the law, I doubt that will be relevant.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome