Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Bonnet Catch Failures

View Single Post
post #193 of (permalink) Old 3rd August 2006
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
I spoke with VOSA this morning, and they are meeting with up with representatives from Renault France (i.e. the Renault HQ team!) in we know, France is largely on holiday during August!!!....and VOSA will then formally publish their findings....

I have also sent a further note to Renault UK - cc'd the MD of Renault UK and CEO of Renault Global, asking some basic questions like are they considered any other options apart from human error that could have caused the incidents...also, whether there is a possibility that the catch mechanism(s) may have jammed or not fully engaged, even though they would seem to have been from the outside? (i.e. the bonnet would seem secure when tugged!) - again, re-emphasising the facts from my own experiences, that the bonnet was closed, and the bonnet released itself 3-4 wks after I last inspected under the bonnet and that it happened 3/4 of the way into my journey that frightful morning!

I have also requested a meeting invitation to visit Renault UK Senior Mgt and Technical teams to discuss this whole situation once and for all!

More news soon (I hope!)...

Aaron Brigatti
Brigatti Online -

Clio Bonnet-Catch Issues?
- Read the Correspondence Archive (Recently Updated!) @
- and the latest on my experiences @

Currently in brigatti's garage:
2009 Audi A4 1.4 TFSI
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome