Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic - Rear Suspension Knock,Shock Absorbers Commonly Snapping

View Single Post
post #115 of (permalink) Old 4th November 2010
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Scenic - Rear Suspension Knock,Shock Absorbers Commonly Snapping

Hi all,

I started a thread about my issue with our Scenic II making a knocking noise from the front suspension end a couple of weeks ago but haven't received any responses so I thought I would post my update here.

Having first been said the noise is caused by the rear engine mount - we had this replaced for 89 and it turns out this didn't make any difference in the noise at all.

The car went back to the garage and they then replaced both the upper mount (75) and the o/s front spring (68). However I noticed after picking the car up yesterday that the odd knocking is still there, it's considerably better, but there's an odd knock especially when reversing around corners/doing 3 point turns.

After picking the car up yesterday, it also now displays a light that says "check ABS braking" (!?)

I called the garage to book it back in because whatever work was done obviously hasn't solved the issue completely and in addition seems to have triggered this ABS braking light. They have assured me that it would be safe to drive until tomorrow when it can go back in the garage for further work.

I'm really reluctant to keep paying for what seems to be a "trial and error" fixing technique, and since the ABS braking issue was only developed after being at the garage for a week, I'm very reluctant to pay for that too.

Has anyone got any ideas whatsoever as to why the noise remains (I would say it's probably 90% reduced though) and anything else they could look at replacing apart from the engine mount/top mount/spring that were already replaced?

Since they have only replaced 1 spring - can anyone tell me how many there are since others may also need replacing?

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome