Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic 1 - General Advice On Interior Water Ingress

View Single Post
post #84 of (permalink) Old 5th November 2010
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Scenic 1 - General Advice On Interior Water Ingress

This is my first post and I wanted to share the problem I had and the final solution.
The problem was water in passenger foot-well and a water sloshing noise from behind the fascia on the passengers side.
Having read the comments on this topic I carried out a number of checks which I considered relevant to my problem. Such as checking the sunroof drainage points. The sill drainage and the scuttle shelf drainage under the wipers. My problem was finally solved with the help from my Renault garage who pointed out that water from the air-con condenser should exit from underneath the car at a point roughly in the middle of the floor-pan. This sometimes blocks up and can also cause the water backup to enter the fan blower unit - hence the sloshing noise. The drainage point can really only be accessed safely by putting the car over an inspection pit or on a car lift. If you have to put the car into garage, as I did, allow costing for one hour labour and an additional hour if the fan blower housing has to be taken apart in order to remove water should it have gotten into that area. One pre check which could be carried out is to place the car on a flat dry surface and run the engine with the air-con switched on. If water exits from under the car then the drainage is okay. If not, then an air -con drain blockage could be the problem.
Hope this helps out anyone with a similar problem to mine. I will search out a friend with an inspection pit if it happens again to me as I prefer to DIY if possible.
The Following User Says Thank You to scenicsimmo For This Useful Post:
Darkpowder (19th December 2010)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome