Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Fuel Consumption problem?

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 7th November 2010 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Fuel Consumption problem?

I'm new to the forums so I hope I'm posting this in the right place?!

I bought my Megane Scenic a few months back as my girlfriend is pregnant and we needed a 'family' car and it has a mahoosive boot for all her crap

Its my first diesel car and lately, when I start it up, it absolutely stinks of fuel! Is that normal? Its an '07 Megane Scenic 1.5dCi Dynamique (106 I think without looking).

My main query is about the fuel consumption though. It has been around the 49mpg (rising to up to 54mpg on a run) for the first 3 fill ups. I know its starting to get colder now as winter approaches but is it normal for me to now only get around 34mpg? It just won't budge and I can't afford to wait until it gets warmer to see if its the colder weather that is causing it. I don't rag it about either before you ask!

I've already had it back to the dealership because it told me a service was due even though the previous day it said I had over 13000 miles to go (!)

Any help is appreciated!

Currently in zipman23's garage:
2007 Scenic 1.5 dCi 106 Dynamique
  5 Lastest Threads by zipman23
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Fuel Consumption problem? Cars & motoring zipman23 14 3391 7th November 2010 09:49 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome