Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic II - Access the resistor pack in 5 mins.

View Single Post
post #116 of (permalink) Old 8th November 2010
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Scenic II - Access the resistor pack in 5 mins.

Originally Posted by shweeney View Post
hi folks,

the fan on our 05 Scenic II has recently gone completely - not working on any setting. Its the model with climate control - if I manually turn on the Aircon I can hear it clicking on but there's no fan to blow it and we can't demist the windows etc (btw anyone having the same problem I highly recommend a product called Rain-X AntiFog that Halfords sell).

anyway, took to the local Renault centre and they are saying it needs a new "Rheostat" - is this the same issue people are reporting here? I've been quoted 500 to fix it, which after having to replace the handbrake motor earlier in the year is a real kick in the teeth.
cracked open the dash as per aahbarnes instructions this evening - I was able to get the wiring loom and plug out but can't see anything else there that I can remove and no sign of melting on the plug. There is another loom and plug at the top of same area - guess the climate control setup is different. Has anyone with climate control successfully fixed this problem themselves?
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome